Colon Cleansing Forum
colon cleanse
Colonix Colon Cleanse

#1 2008-10-09 15:03:28

Old Dog

Here I GO -10/09/08

Hi, I guess that I'm an Old Dog on this forum (being just 61.6 years young)
I had heard about colon cleansing from someone at work some six months or so ago and haven't pursued it.  Well driving back from Vacation in Calif to MN, I was listening to Sat. Radio to keep up on the rapidly changing times and I heard a commercial from some company about this.  Didn't give it much creed until I got home.  I still have a week 'till I have to go back to work so I tried to remember who did the radio advertisement but couldn't exactly so I did the Google thing and found that there are LOTS of companies selling a product to do this.  I looked at rankings and blah blah blah and decided that the Doctor was ranked as #1. ( you know, like in Doctor WHO ). 

I read the tributes on Doc's web page and have to admit that the graphics are something to behold indeed.  So I decided to order the Colonix and the Toxinout for a 2 month supply.  In the mean time I continued to look around and read peoples different opinions.  I'm not sure how I stumbled on this Forum but I found the readings very interesting.  The more I read, the more questions I had so I decided to call Doc's help line.  The Lady that talked to me was extremely nice and polite and sounded very knowledgeable about the product, which is very unusual in today's help lines.. if you know what I mean.  Anyways, I ended up changing my order to be a 3 month supply.  I expect the first part of the order to arrive here next Tuesday and I want to start on Wednesday.

Now here's the meat.  I have read many testimonials from people that start and they only last from a few days to maybe a few weeks and then they just disappear.  I think that a lot of these are from young women in their early 20's and I really don't know if their bodies even need this detox plan?  Now, me being in my 60's, you'd think that if anyone needs this, it would be me, right?  You'd think that I could at least equal the results in the pictures?  Note: I need to find out how to determine if the treatment is successful or not.

So what I want to do is journal my results on this Forum and see what happens.  I don't know if a daily report would cause this to be way too big on a 3 month report or if I should just do a weekly summary.  What I will say is if I decide to not report any longer, I will say it here before I quit!

What say you?

#2 2008-10-09 18:37:35

admin
Administrator

Re: Here I GO -10/09/08

Hello and welcome to the forum...

I'm a big fan of daily updates, even if they're really brief. They do a nice job of keeping people on track and accountable with the program, and are a great way for others to follow your progress.

Looking forward to hearing how you make out!

JP

#3 2008-10-10 04:59:25

selvablu

Yes, I too wondered why people stopped writing after the first few days and all the enthusiasm. Actually overall the people with the amazing results are the ones in their 2o's. I am 50 and started the Colonix program 4 days ago and decided to end it today. I just couldn't function any more. I was going crazy with all the drinking the bloating hard tummy nausea general heaviness, incomplete BM, a permanent state of emergency. That stuff built up like cement in my guts. and yes I drank lots of water, even more than recomended as all I read about people being constipated was that they didin't drink enough. I did steep the tea longer. Had no coffee. or alcohol and more veggies. etc, etc. This program is not good for everyone! I had an enema last night and I'm back to being myself again but now I feel I need to recover! Looking forward to read about your  experience  Old Dog. Good luck to you!

#4 2008-10-10 06:30:39

Old Dog

Wow Selvablu!!  This not good news for me to hear just going in.  However, I have already invested the money so I'm going to give it a shot anyhooo.  I to plan on not having any alcohol or coffee but I'm not sure yet what the diet is going to be.  I hope to start the plan on Wednesday and we'll see what happens.
Did you ask the Doc people if they know what happened?  Did you give yourself the enema or have to go to the doctor?  Did you take more than the recommended doses?
Look to start hearing from me on Wednesday.

#5 2008-10-10 07:02:21

Old Dog

This is a question for the Admin.
In my profile, I have selected -6CST as I am in Minnesota.  The time stamp on my messages are 6 hours off.  Any ideas?
It is now 7:02 AM

Thanks

#6 2008-10-10 08:48:20

admin
Administrator

Well, the time stamp will reflect the overall board settings. I actually just updated that so it should reflect EST now across the board...

JP

#7 2008-10-10 12:48:52

selvablu

Sure Old Dog, you should try for yourself. I didn't call the "doc" bacause I am in Europe and there is not a calling service here (one can write) plus I just got fed up before wanting to go trough the trial and error quest. I followed the directions exactly and drank even more than recomended. Also many people reported having this kind of effects only they endured longer. I just felt it wasn't my thing. I plan to go on a macrobiotic diet now. As for the enema it is a simple procedure you do at home by yourself. no big deal. It will give promt relieve if you get into trouble with colonix!

#8 2008-10-12 21:08:42

LadyLove

Heh, Dr.Who is before my time but being an Al fan I can appreciate the reference.

I normally tried to update on a weekly basis. I also utilized the Customer Service Rep line weekly as my either my husband and I were not seeing results. We strictly followed the guidelines and normally drink lots of water anyway so the hardest thing was warming the hot water on the stove! (Apparently microwaving it changes water composition!?)

Your reasoning is logical about your age versus us younger pups... but most of the testimonials do seem much younger. Then again, eating habits in this day and age are not the best. While my husband and I are pretty health conscious (although by no means vegans or anything strict like that), one selling point was on Colonix's homepage:
We are all exposed to thousands of toxins and chemicals on a daily basis at work, in the home, through the air we breathe, our food and water supply, and through the use of pharmaceutical drugs. In addition, we are eating more sugar and processed foods than ever before in human history...

We both wished it had seemed effective on us... we cringe remembering our college diets! (Keeping in mind we didn't even drink, but our budgets decided our menus. Yikes!)

Anyway, wishing you good luck!

#9 2008-10-13 21:44:15

Old Dog

Well, my order arrived a day earlier than expected so I will be starting the program tomorrow instead of Wednesday.  I have a 3 month supply ofColonix and Toxinout and will delay the Toxinout for the first month as recommended.  I have decided to take the recommended doses and not try to jump ahead with larger doses to get instant gratification.  I'll wait out the whole 3 months.

I went out and bought a tea kettle to heat the water because I did read to not use the microwave.  I also bought 4 gallons of Spring water for the tea.  I will use filtered water or bottled water for the 8 glasses.

I was not attracted to this program because of any weight loss benefits but I'll take any that come.  I think that my diet will be what it is and I don't plan on elaborating very much.
I primarily want to rid my body of all the toxic junk that is stuck in there.

As i said, day 1 is tomorrow 10/13/08 and I will try to journal the experience.

#10 2008-10-14 13:02:29

Shorty7383

You probably have read my posts, but I am 25 years old and I have been eating tons of red meat my entire life which has caused me some serious stomach issues. I did not want an enema for obvious reasons so thought I would give this a try. I am almost a month in and I have lost a few pounds - gotten pretty regular which was an issue before. However, I have not seen anything even remotely close to the photos on the site....which I thought I would as unhealty as I eat.

#11 2008-10-14 20:25:00

Old Dog

10/14 Day 1.  Well here goes.  Got up at 5AM and took 2 pills and had 8 oz of water.  Then took a shower and got dressed.  Then I mixed 1/2 cup of fiber with 4 oz of grape juice and drank it down and had another 8 oz glass of water then left for work.

Drank the remaining 6 glasses throughout the day.Came home from work and had a normal BM around 7PM.  Getting ready for bed soon so will steep the tea for 2 minutes.

So far things are OK.  I think I will drink 3 16 oz. glasses of water during the day as I find this easy to do.  Take it slow, no need to guzzle it.

Shorty7383, you are a month ahead of me so keep us informed as well.  I am not sure yet as how to tell if the program is successful.

#12 2008-10-15 19:26:12

Old Dog

Steeped the tea for 2 mins last like and drank it down.  It doesn't taste to bad.  Slept good and didn't have any cramps.

10/15/08 Day 2.  Did the same as yesterday so I think I'll just start calling it my Morning routine to save words.  At work I got in 2 16oz glasses of water.  Got home and had a nice size BM at 5PM.  That is an improvement over norm.  One more 16 oz water and tea left for today.

#13 2008-10-16 17:59:05

Old Dog

10/16/08 Day 3.  Things are the same.  I've found that I like the fiber mixed with Grape Juice the best so far.  I put it in a cocktail mixer and shake it up good and then down it.

So far the tea hasn't bothered me at all.  I actually seem to be sleeping better and bloating is not an issue, and no headaches either.  I am doing 3 decent BMs a day and the stools look normal (?).  Drinking 4 16oz glasses of water isn't a problem if I drink them slower and don't guzzle em down.

I wonder what the results are going to be on day 6 when the ingredients double?  I don't know if the fiber powder is causing the snakeskin looking things so I'm not that impressed right now.  I will definitely be impressed if I see wormy looking things and eggs!  That would tell me that the colon is cleaning and be my proof.  Yucky thinking about it.

Got all my water down for the day so now I just need to have a tea before bed.

#14 2008-10-17 06:10:26

selvablu

bravo man. you're taking it quite well. congrats: this might be the right product for you.

#15 2008-10-17 16:48:58

Old Dog

10/17/08 Day 4.  Thanks selvablu.  I sure wonder what caused you to react so bad in only 4 days.  I just don't know what to say.  Maybe you should have some laxatives or prunes to help you through the constipation?

For me things are seeming routine.  I take the pills, fiber, and tea and I don't feel anything irritable.  Three to four BM a day and they are fairly good sized.  No headaches or bloating either.  Guess I shouldn't complain right?  I do have 1 or 2 cups off coffee in the morning at work and so far I haven't had any alcohol yet.  I don't know it that makes any difference or not?

I know that the program is designed to take 3 monthes to complete so it is way too early to make many comments.  I'll be starting the full dose on Sunday and we'll just see from there.

#16 2008-10-18 21:08:04

Old Dog

10/18/08 Day 5.  Nothing to report out of the ordinary.  Tomorrow the dose doubles so we'll see what that does.  I don't think that I'll take more than is recommended and in addition, the Toxinout starts in 3 weeks.  I haven't read much from anyone taking both so I don't know what to think yet.
  I really am starting to like that tea.  I have to hold back from drinking more than the one cup allowed per day.  I wonder what drinking 2-3 cups a day might do?  I don't think I'll try it.

Not many people talking on the Forum lately.  I wonder why?

#17 2008-10-19 05:31:56

selvablu

do not! it's a laxative. just have any other tea, like plain chamomile or a green tea. You probabbly have a very strong constitution since you're reacting so well to this harsh treatment...I'm envious! and who knows why people do not write after the first few days? I wondered too when I started...I was looking for company to go through the adventure! then it was just a flop nsad

#18 2008-10-19 18:45:59

Old Dog

10/19/08 Day 6.  Upped the dose to 4 pills and 2 scoops.  Had one BM this morning and none since.  Think things may tightening up and I hope it's only temporary.  There is some passing of gas.  Tonight I will steep the tea for the longest recommended time which is 6 minutes.  I am thinking of augmenting things by taking some dried pitted plums.  In the past when I had constipation problems, taking the plums cleared it right up.  I still have not had any headaches or stomach aches, should I be wishing I do?

Selvablu, I sure hope that this doesn't developed into what caused you to stop.  Things were going so good the first 5 days and I still have 85 to go.  Well, I hope that I'm not over reacting on this.  I'll have to do a lot of readings to see if this has happened to others.

#19 2008-10-20 18:10:02

Old Dog

10/20/08 Day 8.  Started off with the 4 pills and 1 full scoop as usual.  One medium BM.  Had to leave a meeting around 3PM to quick take a dump and it came out like a mild diarrhea.  Ten minutes later I have to leave again for same reason.  I don't know if it was because of the plums that I had taken Sunday or not?  After that it's been fine, at least I'm not clogged up.  I don't think I will take the plums again because I don't want to counter the effects of the fiber and now I know that I have a backup if things get really tight.
Last night I steeped the tea for 4 minutes and will continue to do so unless something comes up to make me want to change it.

Last night I read some more testimonials from users and Doctors alike.  Some of them are totally amazing and it seems hard to believe such dramatic results in such a short time, not that I don't believe them.  Somehow I don't envision it happening to me that much but I will continue to clod along and see what the next days bring.

#20 2008-10-21 16:50:48

Old Dog

10/21/08 Day 8.  Made a mistake on above post, today is day 8.  Anyways, got up at 5AM and no BM.  Took the 4 capsules and 0ne scoop of fiber.  Drank down the water during the day and had one small BM around 3PM.  I don't have the headaches or bloating but I feel real tired.  Not drinking any alcohol.  I wonder if the reason that I feel very tired may be because my system is adjusting to this fiber and pills etc.?

I sleep ok.  Not having anything like the BMs in the testimonials though.  I think that sooner or   later something will kick in an get this show on the road.

#21 2008-10-22 18:20:02

Old Dog

10/22/08 Day 9.  Nothing new to report.  Only 1 BM today and that was after I got home from work around 4:30 PM.  You can't seem to second guess what's going to happen on any one day.
Later.

#22 2008-10-23 19:49:26

Old Dog

10/23/08 Day 10.  Not much new.  Got called into work at 1:30 AM and had 2 decent size BMs at around 3:30 and 5:30.  They looked a little strandy but it wasn't about to pick them apart and start examining them.  The timing of the BMs isn't consistent and I don't know if that matters or not.

The taking of the pills and fiber and water is now a regiment.  After I get this done, it's out the door to work and the rest of the day is just drinking the required water, which is no problem.  I look forward to drinking the tea in the evening.  This may turn me into a real English Tea drinker in the end.

I continue to feel very tired.  I get plenty of sleep.  I don't  recall being this tired before starting the program.  I continue to look for signs of any kind of improvement.  My weight is pretty much maintaning so I don't see any need to journal it.   I won't be taking any pictures unless there is something so mind boggling that I need the proof.  I don't see a way to attach pics to these posts though.

Tea time and then watch a movie, then bed.

#23 2008-10-25 09:15:10

Old Dog

10/25/08 Day 11-12.  Here it is day 12 already.  Looking back I think that things are happening albeit slow and subtle.  I have noticed that the infamous 'skid marks' on the skivvies are missing so some changes in the stool must be happening, and less wiping required.
  This morning I took the required doses and then  had a nice size BM.  It does look like there are some changes in the stool but I for one am not going to do any dissecting to look closer!  And my energy level seems to be higher this morning, think I'll do some painting in the hallway.

I'm looking forward to starting the Toxinout in 2 weeks.  I think  that my life style over the past many years would have left me full of toxins in the liver and kidneys etc.. Seems like a lot of extra pills to take each day but I will deal with it.

Charge on!

#24 2008-10-29 19:28:58

Old Dog

10/29/08 Day 13-16.  Not really a lot to report.  Things are going along pretty normal.  The BMs keep coming though not at any predictable time or schedule.  Some times they are mucous looking and some times rather normal.  I haven't had a time where I had to race to the bathroom.  I really expect to see something into the 3rd and 4th weeks.
I'm keeping the portions to recommended and steeping the tea for 4 minutes and still no side affects.  Energy level is not predictable as it varies up and down.  I guess that if I don't see any parasites, then they are to small to see or I don't have any.  I still plan on riding this out to the duration regardless of any results I see or don't see.  I hope my reports aren't too boring.

#25 2008-10-30 13:15:58

It's Time to Potty!

Not boring at all, Old Dog...I mentioned you were doing the cleanse to my 73 year old mom, and she's curious for me to get me here so she can read your posts. She's not quite that computer savy. She plans on starting the cleanse any day now, but I suspect that she might wait a bit to see how I fare...

I love your commitment to continue the program and posting here for us to read. I've not had a lot of luck finding anyone who's actually completed the full cleanse and commented along the way. Appreciate your dedication...TTFN...

Board footer

Copyright © Colon Cleansing Forum. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms | Disclaimer