Colon Cleansing Forum
colon cleanse

#1 2006-11-30 07:52:41

Nancy

mercury amalgam removal

Laura,

There is a tie in to the whole colon cleansing issue with mercury amalgams... as i understand it, and i have been fortunate to find some of the best and most knowledgeable in this area, mercury outgassing from amalgam fillings provides an opportunistic environment for candida, which in turn provides an opportunistic environment for parasites.  While i was having the detox done, in conjunction with diagnosis/management performed by Doug Leber (see book Diagnosis Unknown: Our Journey to an Unconventional Cure by Randy Smith), Doug explained this complex interdependency which honestly is very tricky to work your way out of.  Once the exposure to amalgams occurs you can detox as much as possible,  but i don't know if it is possible to ever get every last speck out of the body (it hides in bones, organs, etc).  It is a do the best you can and stay alert to what is going on with your body common sense approach that will do the most over time.

This is of course where taking responsibility for our own health comes into play... at any rate i had an infected root canal (they left one root in, apparently the number varies which is why you should always always have a root canal done in two visits to check for missed roots after the swelling goes down).  At the time of the root canal being done i was diagnosed just afterwards with vertigo which stayed with me on and off for a year.  At the time I was not alternative and so did not put it together.  10 years later when i am barely able to get around, I find out upon pulling that tooth (after having all the amalgam removed) that the root was left behind, of course was infected, the infection went through my bloodstream and infected the sack around my heart.

This was a very scary time for me, and I don't think I would have made it but friends drove me up to see Doug in Vermont and he mixed up a custom homeopathic treatment that got rid of the infection.  He was very clear that it would not fix any damage to that area already done by the infection, so to this day I do not know what will happen further with this problem; it does appear to be the real cause for many a heart transplant (something that will almost never get published but I believe there may be research going on at Columbia).

I went through detox treatment for several years afterward with Doug, and found some immediate and more long term benefits as far as energy, overall ability to be 'normal' again working etc.  I never did do a colon cleanse program, although Doug and every other alternative practitioner has brought it up to me faithfully for years.

The amalgam removal MUST, MUST, be done by someone qualified according to the procedure set up by Dr. Hal Huggins (he has books also).  This means going quadrant by quadrant only in the mouth.  You never work on both sides of the body at the same time for amalgam removal, pulling teeth, etc.

If you want references for qualified dentists let me know; there are many well meaning dentists who believe they know what to do, but the reason my heart got infected was i used one locally who was convenient who really did not know the dangers of not treating that infection properly.  As such, I am very very careful who I will have do any major dental work of this type.

Please let me know if there are any other specific questions you may have on the above..

Last edited by Nancy (2006-11-30 08:50:10)

#2 2006-12-01 22:14:30

Laura
Website

Re: mercury amalgam removal

Thanks for such a thorough response. I have some clients and  a friend that went through amalgam removal. And it does appear to be a long ordeal. I also called the Huggins clinic a few years ago, I think it is located in Colorado Springs, CO. I don't believe he is directly connected with the clinic anymore but they are carrying on his work.

I have the book "It's All In Your Head" published by Huggins. It's been a while since I looked at it. I was thinking that the book discouraged have any root canals. I'm not sure what the alternative would be though.

I was looking into it a few years ago but got sidetracked by other health issues and put it on the back burner. I'm grateful to feel well enough to work and function. I do always worry about having dental work done for fear of stirring up old amalgams. I've had two of such teeth that have broken in the last year. The dental work was done when I was in grade school and junior high. (I'm 44). The two teeth  I needed repaired have a porcelain crown with a stainless steel base. I got through it okay.

In your detox, what did you have to do? I know some have done intravenous chelation therapy with their primary physicians to help remove toxins. I've also read you can do some at home. That is why I was interested in the toxinout product since it is designed to work on heavy metals.

#3 2006-12-06 19:24:24

Nancy

Hi Laura,

There are many many methods to try for detox.  I believe Dr. Huggins has a book/pamphlet on detox which hopefully you can still find.  I always heard the safest was through the skin/pores, as when you move it through the body internally the organs have to handle moving the toxin load through (thats why you have to not do it to fast).  Through the skin means like a dry sauna, or a hot bath which Huggins gave instructions on how to do in his booklet.  You can purchase a dry sauna for the home now, infrared i think.

I discovered while i was reading the material and before i got the amalgam out that a product called cell guard that was condensed wheat sprouts i think (they were out of hawaii and now i think are in california, there are several by that name unfortunately) made me feel great.  So I was thinking how could it possibly make me feel that much better? I would stop taking it and a few weeks later was back to feeling bad.  It bothered me because not to be ungrateful but it was scary that one product could make me feel that much better.  Obviously there was a very real problem.

Later on i found out that one of the major benefits was... heavy metal detox.  I was pretty ticked off over what had been done to me with the fillings.  Oh well.

So thats one possibility.. of course i reverted because i still had the fillings in me; all it could do was try to keep up with cleaning the ongoing outgassing which happens whenever you chew (even gum) and of course when they are 'polished'.

Some use blue green algae, chlorophyl, etc. which all have that benefit and are completely safe (assuming of course top quality and source); i have heard you should switch around so as to avoid any possibility of becoming allergic to one type of green food.  I have had very good results with green foods and they have other benefits.

Chelation therapy whether home or intravenous i was always scared of... so was Dr. Liscio in Vermont my dentist who worked with Doug (Liscio is also homeopathic, herbal, etc).  Too intense, too heavy, I wouldn't do it.

Vitamin C of course. Let me at this point mention two of my staples...  Young Living Essential Oils, and Subtle Energy Formulas by Optimal Health Organization (800 349-3899). Di Marie at that 800 number is extremely knowledgeable in general, as well as about their formulas (young living has a website of course and there are many many distributors but Di Marie is not one of them).  OHO does have a Chelation formula although i was done by the time i found them so I didn't use that one. Can't recommend their line enough.. I use Life Force and Drainage regularly and they worked miracles on the daughter of a former dentist who was in an almost fatal car crash.  Tell Di Nancy in NJ referred you.  Their 9-1-1 formula for trauma is like no other for immediate relief, i am never without it.

I am currently working with Suddenly Slender wraps which detox by mineral wrap,it draws the toxins out of the fat cells.  Toxins always go to the fat, and also bone, muscle etc.

Thats all that i can think of at the moment... i know juice fasting can eliminate toxins but it is tough going. 

Root canals; very tough topic.  I went the full route, cavitational surgery and all.  The only alternative is metal free bridge work which i have. i am very careful with my bridges when chewing because there is no metal, but so far so good and its been 7 years or more since they went in.  You can and should use all metal free products for dental work.  My crowns are all white and it can be done.  John Liscio knew which of them were the strongest and safest materials.

I use Tooth And Gum Tonic and toothpaste which are incredible for maintaining the gums, a key issue for dental health.  I like them better than young livings.  They only do dental products and are very very potent essential oil based.  You can mail order them from Willners in NYC or try to find a dentist that sells the product (Willner is cheaper). www.willner.com i think.

Toxinout I am sure is a good product, it uses EDTA which is a home version of a chemical chelation agent.  Just make sure you follow their directions as you really have to not overdo it.  If you detox too quickly the liver and other organs can get overwhelmed.

Doug had given me homeopathic EDTA, and although they wont probably tell you the Subtle Energy Chelation formula may well be based on EDTA.

If you do massage therapy you might want to look at incorporating young living essential oils and the OHO Subtle Energy products in your sessions, and to sell to your clients.

Oils require education and time to learn all their uses, but it is well worth the effort.

If i think of anything else I will post it out here..

Nancy

#4 2006-12-11 02:21:46

Laura
Website

Thanks Nancy for all the additional info. I will do some research when I have time. I have company so I haven't been online for awhile. I think you provide a wealth of information that will be helpful to others as well looking for alternatives to this problem with almagams. However, I know one person had trouble with the a white product and had to have it changed. If only we could just keep the real thing and have them last!

I have some clients that swear by Young Living Oils. I have some of that info. I hesitate to use much in the office because I'm a little scent sensitive and have some clients with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity and the oils tend to linger in the office just from clients who use them. I do think they have their place and am open to trying some myself. One client has shared Thieves with me and I think it's pretty effective. I will look further into the Subtle Energy products.

#5 2006-12-18 08:15:18

Nancy

Hi Laura,

I have been knocked pretty flat the last week with yet another (apparent) sinus infection... this one was really bad.  To the point where I will now do what i obviously should have done years ago... eat right for my (O) blood type and eliminate all dairy and gluten products from my diet.

I just want to get to the point where i can start the cleanse this weekend; and now i have to wait until the antibiotics are done which is this Friday, instead of starting on the new moon mid week like I wanted to (sigh).

I read through the other posts on this site and saw where you talked about lymph drainaige issues.. for the record i absolutely despise people who push their solutions on others but i will just ask one more time that when you get a chance you consider trying the OHO 'Drainage' formula I spoke about in the Subtle Energies line (i promise this is the last time i will bring it up:))

At least I have now had lots and lots of pre training on the 8 glasses of water a day thing... that part i have more than down as a result of this most recent problem.  Eliminating gluten should do a lot to enhance the effectiveness of the Colonix cleanse I am thinking...

Nancy

Last edited by Nancy (2006-12-18 08:17:53)

#6 2006-12-19 00:55:22

Laura
Website

Thanks Nancy,

I will look at the drainage product. My mom has been here visiting and she also has been fighting a sinus infection, her first. The antibiotics really knocked her out so hopefully this week things will look up for her and she'll regain some energy. So I've been working and playing nursemaid. It's been good to have her out here.

We're planning to buy the Toxinout product and if possible I like to try one thing at a time so I know what I'm reacting to but I would like to learn more about what  Subtle Energies is offering. Have you used it? I didn't recall if you mentioned  whether lymph stagnation was an issue for you. (Not that you don't have enough)! smile

#7 2006-12-19 08:47:39

Nancy

Laura

It is an indirect issue for the sinuses, as if the lymph system isn't moving fast enough it can't carry away what it needs to from the sinuses.  The lymph system is what moves the mucous out apparently.  I heard that thinking hmmm bizarre, but i'll try anything (almost), and i when i used the product it definitely lessened the pressure and helped the mucous move out so i assume it must be helping the lymph system pick up speed.  I have had sinus headaches that would not go away with sudafed that gave it up minutes after using the Drainage spray.  By the way,  these are absolutely the most benign in form, its like water that you spray 3-5 times under your tongue like homeopathic. Thats it.. the issue is it really should be done 3-4 times a day, but the benefit is worth it.

Additionally, 'Drainage' is one of the things I used for detox as mercury will be moved out of your system in part by the lymph pathway also, particularly after amalgam removal.

I totally agree about the try one thing at a time strategy; if you try the toxinout and over time feel it may be too intense for you, you could at that point add in the drainage spray to assist the Toxinout in doing its work.

I have used the following regularly from the OHO Subtle Energies line: Life Force (like a mutivitamin), 9-1-1 (awesome for trauma after an accident or an emotional shock), and Drainage.

Board footer

Copyright © Colon Cleansing Forum. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms | Disclaimer